2500 cc and 3000 cc D-4D drivetrains of Toyota Hilux Vigo Champ have now been dropped in favour of the newly minted ESTEC (Economy with Superior Thermal Efficient Combustion) GD powertrains that are 2400 cc and 2800 cc. Commonrail, intercooler and VNT (Variable Nozzle Turbo) are being retained and will be available in both engines. The new GD engines will feature common rail direct injection at 1,350 bar with a variable geometry turbocharger. GD engines will provide seamless acceleration and improved fuel economy.
The advanced 2800 cc diesel 2GD-FTV 132kW 2.8-litre four-cylinder engine rated at 177 horsepower (132Kw) at 3,400 rpm and 450 Nm (332 lbs-ft) of torque at 1,600-2,400 rpm in six-speed automatic and 420Nm in six-speed manual form. Please note that this very 2800 cc engine will be used in 2016 Toyota Fortuner and more importantly in Toyota Prado 2016 expected to be released in Summer of 2016.
Entry level 2400cc 1GD-FTV 112/125kW 2.4-litre revving at 160 hp (119kW) will be available with 400Nm (295 lbs-ft) for auto and 343Nm for manual.
2700 cc Dual VVT-i Petrol engine will be retained. V6 4000 cc Petrol may be offered from Australia only.
Toyota Hilux Revo 2015 2016 All New Hilux Configurations
31 variants of All New 2015 2016 Toyota Hilux Revo will be offered in the three engines in both 5 speed & 6 speed manual and 6 speed sequential Auto transmission: 2400 cc ESTEC GD Diesel, 2800 cc ESTEC GD Diesel and 2700 cc Dual VVT-i Petrol Gasoline in Single Cab, Smart Cab and Double Cab:
5 Speed and 6 Speed Manual Transmission Hilux Revo Diesel
- 2016 Toyota Hilux Revo 2.4 2GD-FTV VN four-cylinder intercooled turbocharged diesel engine Manual – 150PS and 343Nm of torque between 1400 and 3400rpm,5-speed manual transmission.
- 2016 Toyota Hilux 2.8 1GD-FTV VN four-cylinder intercooled turbocharged diesel engine Manual – 177PS and 420Nm of torque between 1400 and 2600rpm, 6-speed manual transmission.
6 Speed Auto Transmission Hilux Revo Diesel
- 2016 Toyota Hilux 2.4 2GD-FTV VN four-cylinder intercooled turbocharged diesel engine Auto – 167PS and 400Nm of torque between 1600 and 2000rpm, 6-speed sequential transmission.
- 2016 Toyota Hilux 2.8 1GD-FTV VN four-cylinder intercooled turbocharged diesel engine Auto – 177PS and 460Nm of torque between 1,600 and 2,400rpm, 6-speed sequential transmission.
5 Speed and 6 Speed Manual and 6 Auto Petrol Toyota Hilux Revo
- 2016 Toyota Hilux 2.7 2TR-FE Dual VVT-i – 166PS and will be available with both 5-speed and 6-speed manuals and a 6-speed sequential gearbox as well.
ESTEC GD Engines of Toyota Hilux Revo
GD Engines come with ESTEC (Economy with Superior Thermal Efficient Combustion) technology and is a downsized turbocharged direct injection engine with superior thermal efficient combustion. This engine features a combination of a cylinder head with an integrated exhaust manifold and a turbocharger, and achieves high-speed combustion using a fan spray direct and port injection system and a high in-cylinder tumble ratio. The GD engine is capable of both seamless and invigorating acceleration while also ensuring superior thermal efficiency. We are therefore expecting superior performance with minimal fuel use.
As indicated above, GD engines use commonrail fuel injection technology operating at ultra high pressures of up to 135 mpa (1350 bar or about 19,580 psi) which is about 8 times more than the pressure of conventional fuel injection systems within a “common rail” that feeds the injectors on all four cylinders. This is combined with a 32-bit ECU standard with Toyota Hilux Revo which controls fuel quantity, valve-timing, and boost pressure at different engine parameters resulting in best fuel economy and also full utilization of power during acceleration. Pilot injection is also utilized by the common rail fuel system to smooth engine operation. Small amounts of fuel are introduced into the combustion chamber prior to the main injection event, reducing lag time and promoting more continuous and complete combustion. Exterior and interior engine noise is also reduced.